Monday, August 20, 2012

PopPop and my Shop


This is my PopPop.

He was a fascinating man who sat me on his lap and taught me how to draw swans with a single line, and horses out of circles.









When I opened my etsy shop, Age Before Beauty, I named it after one of my favorite sayings he had. He would always hold open the door for me and usher me through before him saying, "Age before beauty".











So, when trying to think of a name for my latest etsy venture (selling surplus bits and bobs, as well as cool vintage items) I turned to my inspirational and witty PopPop yet again. 
He was famous for pushing his chair back from the dinner table when he was full saying,
"I've had sufficient aplenty, any more and I'll be a flippety flop"!



So thank you, PopPop, for all the inspiration you've given me.

And thank you, for stopping by my blog. If you would like to visit Sufficient Aplenty, I promise you won't be a flippety flop!














No comments:

Post a Comment