Friday, November 12, 2010

The Bell Jar


I have wanted a bell jar for a long time.
But not just any bell jar. 






















An old bell jar.
A big bell jar.










I found it last week at Decorum in Iowa City. A chemist had it and kept a very old, very gorgeous microscope under it. 



















I gathered some pods and rosehips from my garden and tucked them into an old metal flower frog. Then I added some moss. The curved, engraved, fabulous tray that it's on is from Artifacts.







 This amazing antique elf climbing a ladder was a Christmas present years ago from my Mom and Dad. I say Mom and Dad, but really more from Mom--- because I know she loved it and gave it to me instead of keeping it for herself.
Treasures... under my bell jar.

3 comments:

  1. That little elf on his ladder is the cutest thing ever!
    It's an adorable arrangement, and congratulations on the bell jar find - I'm green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous- not just the jar, but what's inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sneaking into your house at night and stealing that!!! I love the widdle climbing elfersons and I am coveting that bell jar.

    ReplyDelete