Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hat Head

Today I wore my illustration hat for a while.
I don't look good in hats. I have kind of big, curly hair and if I wear a hat I feel like I have a pea head. If it is a big enough hat that I don't feel like a pea head, then I suffer hat head when the hat is removed.  I also am never fully relaxed and comfortable wearing a hat. I feel very aware of it and rather conspicuous. "Look at Jennifer, wearing a hat", is what everyone is saying and thinking--- and if they aren't, they should be.

Above is a rough "ruff" sketch I did while wearing my il-lusty hat today. It's a card commission for a client that I will then have for sale at  my etsy shop.

To be wearing so many hats can be troubling... especially when one doesn't look good in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment