Friday, January 31, 2014

Night and Day




One of the most wonderful things about being an illustrator is that each project is so different, and for an infinite number of reasons.


I have been working on a non-fiction picture book about Henry Ford and Thomas Edison. While the first round of sketches are with the publisher for review and fact-checking, I have been working on my own project. 


It's a dummy of a picture book that I wrote. 



How fun to go from "make Henry look more like the real Henry", to putting neckties on pigs just because I want to!



Or a crown on a frog?


I hope you find joy in what you do. 


Today and everyday!














3 comments:

  1. And isn't your talent wonderful? Not only does it bring you joy everyday, it brings joy to everyone who sees it..........I truly madly love your work xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgie, thank you from the bottom of my heart. It means very much to me xoxo

      Delete
  2. Both projects will tell a different dimension of your story telling gifts!

    ReplyDelete