Sunday, January 5, 2014

Decisions, decisions...



I'm working on color roughs for a picture book.

It's set in the late 1800's to early 1900's. So, it seems a perfect time to incorporate some borders.


But, I need to figure out how much line I want to use. I need to think about it now, 

because this will have to stay consistent throughout the book.


So I try some different amounts.

Thank heavens for scanners.

And printers.


I think I want to keep it as painterly and hand-done looking as possible.

Homage to those beautiful postcards and scrapbooks of days gone by.

What do you think?

Decisions, decisions…












4 comments:

  1. I love them all.........though I think the last one is more of a frame, the others are softer.....just my two pennance (two pennies worth....old English saying!!!)
    Whichever you decide on will be perfect......the scene looks idyllic. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO love the landscape- kids will like finding the boys, too! I think I am drwan to the oens without the cross hatched sky, as I seem to "see" the foreground at the same time:) My two cents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your first & last ones (maybe they are the same?), fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the simplicity of the first one. It has hierarchy and depth, if that makes any sense.

    ReplyDelete