Friday, November 26, 2010

Wreathing...



Age Before Beauty offered to make wreath for a Festival of Trees fundraiser.

I started with this...
 And painted it white.
A forest of faux vintage bottle brush trees...

















and some sweet vintage paper houses.



'Iced' the bases and covered up my gloopy glue with modeling paste.






I am the anti-Martha. I am messy, and sloppy, and incredibly impatient to see it done.












Beautiful vintage Christmas 
balls in soft, muted hues.

































Done.

4 comments:

  1. I love it, reminds me of our Christmas cakes when I was a child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderbar! So original, Anti-Martha! That gloppy stuff does remind me of cake fondant, too (like the above comment) and the English Chistmas cakes my mom makes, with little scenes like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful! I love the little cabin up in the wilds - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! Fun to see the finished project! Loved our time together finding more treasures!

    ReplyDelete